ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Marketing is about anticipating a customer’s needs and then creating the opportunity for a sale to occur. Today’s digital marketers are tasked with designing campaigns that speak to multiple audience segments, inspiring them into action, and measuring the results to make data-fueled business decisions.
Marketers in the innovation industry are scrappy, creative, and agile—able to drive big growth on a small budget and with limited resources. Our digital marketing track will train you to be a self-sufficient marketer, whose aim is to help a company increase their customer base by a factor of 10. Lesson delivery focuses on relevant industry tools like Google Analytics, AdWords, and Mailchimp. You’ll get hands-on experience with SQL queries and implement SEO best practices on your own landing page and customized blog. To deliver on these goals, you’ll learn content strategies to organically improve your rankings.
Key Skills and Capabilities:
- Email marketing and landing page optimization
- Best practices for inbound and outbound marketing plans
- Working with analytics platforms and SQL
- Placing, testing, and optimizing paid advertising
- Improving website visibility through content development and targeted keyword usage
The Core Curriculum brings students together across tracks for career-planning workshops, emotional intelligence (EQ) discussions, and cross-functional projects at local companies.
The Core is the heart of the Startup Institute experience, and it’s designed to cultivate the qualities that will take you from good to great. These qualities include: developing a growth mindset, excellence at cross-disciplinary collaboration, and cultivating a powerful network.
No matter which track you choose, all students receive the same Core Curriculum training.
Workshops and Cross-disciplinary Training:
- Prepare to be a leader with exercises that challenge your weaknesses and strengthening your emotional intelligence (EQ)Take part in personal branding, résumé building, interviewing technique, and salary negotiation workshops
- Take part in personal branding, résumé building, interviewing technique, and salary negotiation workshopsSolve real problems on a cross-disciplinary team on-site, one day a week, at one of our partner companies
- Solve real problems on a cross-disciplinary team on-site, one day a week, at one of our partner companies
- Receive individualized mentoring that will address your career goals, develop action plans, and conquer roadblocks
- Experience the power of our network by attending events designed to build real relationships with industry experts and partners